Prevent Common Problems Like Condensation and Mould – Choose Secondary Glazing From Malvern Glass
In some cases, it isn’t possible to install double or triple glazing. A flat located at the top of a block of flats in Worcestershire won’t be accessible to installation teams, for example. And homes that have listed status – or which are located in areas of natural beauty, in conservation or heritage sites – will have restrictions imposed on them by planning permission rules and building regulations.
Our secondary glazing can be used for any type of property in the Worcestershire – not just protected buildings or those built in restricted areas. The single glazed windows that we affix to your existing glazing will be in keeping with the character of your home and won’t stand out. In fact, your installation won’t be noticed by friends or family who come to visit you at all and will blend in instead.
The secondary glazing we install is designed to make our customers’ homes thermally efficient, so that they no longer need to worry about issues like damp, mould or condensation.
We’ve chosen Guardian as our secondary glazing manufacturer. Their handcrafted products excel, both in terms of appearance and performance. Contact our team today for advice.
How Does Secondary Glazing Actually Work?
Not everyone is familiar with the term ‘secondary glazing.’ It is a surprisingly affordable option for homeowners in Worcestershire who are – for reasons beyond their control – unable to have conventional double or triple glazing installed in their property.
One of the big advantages of secondary glazing is that it’s very easy to install. Minimal disruption to your routine will be caused when we fit this product in your Worcestershire home, which means you’ll have free time to pursue other projects or to relax.
Secondary glazing is single paned and overlaid onto your existing glass. It can be removed without any effort, should you wish to clean your windows – or open them to let in passing breezes during the warmer seasons. It is also available in different styles.
Five Advantages of Fitting Secondary Glazing
Welcome visitors into your home in Worcestershire, confident that they won’t notice you have secondary glazing. Your windows won’t attract negative attention and will, instead, add a touch of charm to your room.
Buy from Malvern Glass with confidence if you own a period style home, listed property, or one located in a protected area – like a conservation or heritage sites, knowing that your secondary glazing will blend in.
Speak to an experienced member of our team to book an appointment, or ask a specific question. In the meantime, here are five big reasons to choose secondary glazing for your home in Worcestershire.
- Block Out Unwanted Noises. Properties located in built-up areas suffer from extensive sound pollution. Make your home in Worcestershire quieter with our secondary glazing, which will reduce noise intrusion by 80%.
- Cut Down On Your Heating Costs. If your heating bills are escalating because of thermally inefficient single glazing, you’ll be able to save money by asking Malvern Glass to install secondary glazing, lowering your U-values.
- Prevent Most Intruders From Entering. Secondary glazing functions as an additional barrier for prospective intruders to bypass, decreasing the possibility of an uninvited guest accessing your Worcestershire home.
- The Perfect Choice For Older Properties. Retain the authentic character of your property without worrying about regulations imposed by your local authority. Our compliant products are designed to cut through red tape.
- Make Condensation a Thing of the Past. Prevent cold draughts from penetrating the interior spaces of your home. Mould and condensation will be a thing of the past once our team has completed work at your property.
For more information about any of the advantages discussed above, call or email the Malvern Glass team now. We’ll help you find a style, size and design that’s perfect.
Handcrafted Products In a Range of Styles
We can introduce you to a range of design options that’ll ensure continuity of design. Our secondary glazing can work with all popular styles of window – including bow & bay, sliding sash and tilt and turn. You can also choose your favourite colour to suit your Worcestershire home.
Our fully-tailored products will perform as expected. Better thermal performance and protection from intruders will come as standard with the product that you choose. Make an appointment with one of our design consultants today, so that we can take measurements and provide a quote.
Secondary Glazing Prices, Worcestershire and Surrounding Areas
Call or email the Malvern Glass team today for technical guidance or to request a no-obligation quote. We will come and see you at your property to measure up and talk you through the options available. If you require help in other areas too, talk to us about our products when enquiring. You can even get online prices using our free design tool.